Home » News » Public Safety
Halogen lamp causes Somersworth house fire
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 8:52 a.m. after receiving a call from 34 Pinewood Drive.
“Halogen bulbs are notorious for putting out enormous amounts of heat,” Hoyle said, adding investigators are still determining what combustible object —bedspread, curtains, clothes — were ignited by the lamp.
“Without that, the first floor would probably be up in flames by the time we arrived,” Hoyle said, adding firefighters were at the home in minutes and were able to contain the fire to the one room.
He said the fire caused about $30,000 in damage to the home, which is insured.
Within an hour, firefighters had the fire under control to the point they began releasing assisting departments from the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test