Home » News » Public Safety
Halogen lamp causes Somersworth house fire
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 8:52 a.m. after receiving a call from 34 Pinewood Drive.
“Halogen bulbs are notorious for putting out enormous amounts of heat,” Hoyle said, adding investigators are still determining what combustible object —bedspread, curtains, clothes — were ignited by the lamp.
“Without that, the first floor would probably be up in flames by the time we arrived,” Hoyle said, adding firefighters were at the home in minutes and were able to contain the fire to the one room.
He said the fire caused about $30,000 in damage to the home, which is insured.
Within an hour, firefighters had the fire under control to the point they began releasing assisting departments from the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads