Home » News » Public Safety
Halogen lamp causes Somersworth house fire
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 8:52 a.m. after receiving a call from 34 Pinewood Drive.
“Halogen bulbs are notorious for putting out enormous amounts of heat,” Hoyle said, adding investigators are still determining what combustible object —bedspread, curtains, clothes — were ignited by the lamp.
“Without that, the first floor would probably be up in flames by the time we arrived,” Hoyle said, adding firefighters were at the home in minutes and were able to contain the fire to the one room.
He said the fire caused about $30,000 in damage to the home, which is insured.
Within an hour, firefighters had the fire under control to the point they began releasing assisting departments from the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
- NH's representatives in Congress join opposition to painkiller Zohydro - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity