UNH football success likely to raise money
"It's going to help everything regardless of what the outcome was," UNH Director of Athletics Marty Scarano said Saturday. "You can't buy that kind of branding power."
Billy Clement, a 2012 UNH graduate, recalled going to home games and a sparse student population among the fans within the tiny confines of Cowell Stadium.
"It was always kind of frustrating to see the stadium empty," Clement said. "Being a big hockey school, that's really been where more of the focus is. I think this definitely gets some huge coverage for the football team."
Scarano said every mention of UNH during the game and the coverage leading up to it put the school's name and strong academic reputation out there for potential recruits and parents, who may otherwise not have considered Durham as a destination for college.
"People who want their sons to get a quality education and play football are attracted to us," Scarano said. "The thing is about UNH, all of us understand the academic mission and integrity of the mission, and we work within it.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Firewood scarcity driven by demand throughout NH - 2
- Hopkinton wood program is neighbor to neighbor - 0
- Fire marshal OKs Groton Wind operations after deeming facility safe - 0
- Northeast natural gas at decade high on winter supply concern - 1
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 3
- Hanover project seeks to increase solar installations - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 15
- Developer says Alexandria wrong to deny tower - 0
- Unitil wants to charge NH customers higher rates - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- 48 set to be cleared after Ebola monitoring - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 1
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Pearson, Toffoli score in Los Angeles' win - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
Monitoring social media
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it