UNH football success likely to raise money
"It's going to help everything regardless of what the outcome was," UNH Director of Athletics Marty Scarano said Saturday. "You can't buy that kind of branding power."
Billy Clement, a 2012 UNH graduate, recalled going to home games and a sparse student population among the fans within the tiny confines of Cowell Stadium.
"It was always kind of frustrating to see the stadium empty," Clement said. "Being a big hockey school, that's really been where more of the focus is. I think this definitely gets some huge coverage for the football team."
Scarano said every mention of UNH during the game and the coverage leading up to it put the school's name and strong academic reputation out there for potential recruits and parents, who may otherwise not have considered Durham as a destination for college.
"People who want their sons to get a quality education and play football are attracted to us," Scarano said. "The thing is about UNH, all of us understand the academic mission and integrity of the mission, and we work within it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi: Are Republicans abandoning Obamacare as an issue? - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The race to be wrong on Ferguson - 11
- George Will: A massive state with no adult supervision - 0
- Brandon Ross: A sure-fire way to eradicate NH's 'spice' problem - 6
- Another View: Jeanne Shaheen was M.I.A. on VA reform - 28
- Paul Holloway: NH's community colleges prepare for a new era - 2
- Betsy McCaughey: More ways Washington squanders your money - 5
- Pat Buchanan: Let Congress vote on Iraq War III - 1
- Who is minding those who mind the store at NH State House? - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Neighborhood group presents award to Manchester police - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt