UNH football success likely to raise money
"It's going to help everything regardless of what the outcome was," UNH Director of Athletics Marty Scarano said Saturday. "You can't buy that kind of branding power."
Billy Clement, a 2012 UNH graduate, recalled going to home games and a sparse student population among the fans within the tiny confines of Cowell Stadium.
"It was always kind of frustrating to see the stadium empty," Clement said. "Being a big hockey school, that's really been where more of the focus is. I think this definitely gets some huge coverage for the football team."
Scarano said every mention of UNH during the game and the coverage leading up to it put the school's name and strong academic reputation out there for potential recruits and parents, who may otherwise not have considered Durham as a destination for college.
"People who want their sons to get a quality education and play football are attracted to us," Scarano said. "The thing is about UNH, all of us understand the academic mission and integrity of the mission, and we work within it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 55
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 3
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 50
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 45
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 11
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 73
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
- Russian troops capture key Ukrainian town - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you