Home » News » Public Safety
Minor damage in Sunday morning Charlestown fire
It was a basement fire in a Morningside Lane home, said Charlestown Fire Chief Charlie Baraly.
The homeowners reported smoke from the basement and first floor, he said.
No one was injured and the small fire was doused within 20 minutes of firefighters arriving, Baraly said.
“A lot of smoke and not much fire damage,” Baraly said. Firefighters cleared the scene about an hour later, he said.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
“I’m not 100 percent positive, but it looks electrical,” Baraly said.
Claremont Fire Department assisted at the scene and North Walpole Fire Department covered the Charlestown fire station during the response.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth