Home » News » Public Safety
Minor damage in Sunday morning Charlestown fire
It was a basement fire in a Morningside Lane home, said Charlestown Fire Chief Charlie Baraly.
The homeowners reported smoke from the basement and first floor, he said.
No one was injured and the small fire was doused within 20 minutes of firefighters arriving, Baraly said.
“A lot of smoke and not much fire damage,” Baraly said. Firefighters cleared the scene about an hour later, he said.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
“I’m not 100 percent positive, but it looks electrical,” Baraly said.
Claremont Fire Department assisted at the scene and North Walpole Fire Department covered the Charlestown fire station during the response.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief