Home » News » Public Safety
Four treated for smoke inhalation after fire
Firefighters were called to Morways Mobile Home Park off Lover's Lane about 1:50 a.m., Chief Charlie Baraly said Friday.
Owners Wayne and Peggy Simoneaw, their daughter, 20, and their son, 25, had been sleeping when the fire started, but were out of the home when firefighters arrived, Baraly said.
Baraly said Wayne Simoneaw was still in the hospital Friday afternoon.
Firefighters are investigating, but said the fire does not appear to have been set, Baraly said. Mobile homes on each side of the structure sustained minor siding damage.
Firefighters knocked down the blaze in about 45 minutes, but were on the scene until about 6:30 a.m. making sure all hot spots were out.
The Red Cross was notified.
- Meghan Pierce Sunday News Correspondent firstname.lastname@example.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 1
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief