Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
City man charged with hotel assault, criminal threatening
MANCHESTER — A city man who allegedly tried to drag his new girlfriend back into an Econolodge Hotel room Monday is charged with pulling a handgun on several patrons who came to her aid.
Grady Cook, 25, was arrested outside the 75 W. Hancock St. hotel about 5:20 a.m. and charged with simple assault, false imprisonment and three counts of misdemeanor criminal threatening.
The weapon Cook allegedly used to threaten three patrons proved to be a “realistic looking” metallic Airsoft pistol, police said.
Cook is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the face and shoving her to the floor when she tried to leave the fourth-floor hotel room, police said. Three patrons tried to intervene when Cook allegedly pulled out a handgun and pointed it at them, police said. One patron said he appeared to be loading a round in the chamber.
Cook, who lives at 309 Spruce St., pleaded innocent to all charges Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division. He told Judge Gregory Michael that he is a student.
A police prosecutor requested $10,000 cash/surety bail for Cook, with conditions barring contact with the woman he allegedly assaulted and the people who went to her rescue. Trial was set for Jan. 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua