action:article | category:NEWS03 | adString:NEWS03 | zoneID:67
Fugitive of the Week Jonathan Benedict

Jonathan E. Benedict

Oct 30, 2014

Darrell Cook

Darrell W. Cook

Oct 2, 2014

Michael Polchies

CAPTURED

Michael Polchies

Sep 25, 2014

Jarrett Michael Cote

Jarrett M. Cote

Sep 18, 2014

Home » News » Crime

December 22. 2013 7:48PM

Homeless man is charged with felony stalking

MANCHESTER — Police prosecutor Sgt. Stephen Reardon said within 12 hours of pleading to violation of a protective order and resisting arrest Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, Gregory Nault had contact with his victim and was charged with felony stalking.

Nault, 44, who is listed as homeless, is accused of going to his ex-girlfriend's residence on Walnut Street Friday morning, standing outside her window and speaking to her, saying: "Please don't do this. Just talk to me."

Nault's attorney Friday morning told Judge Gregory Michael that Nault denies drinking alcohol and denies the stalking charge. Michael, who was also the presiding judge Thursday, had ordered Nault to undergo an evaluation for substance abuse.

Nault's attorney, Jeffrey Odland requested a reduction in the $5,000 cash/surety bail requested by Reardon. Michael set bail at $1,500 cash/surety, reminding Nault he is to have no contact with his ex-girlfriend.

The charge is a felony because Nault was convicted within the last six years of violation of a protective order, on Dec. 19. Because no plea can be entered to a felony in Circuit Court, a probable cause hearing was set for Jan. 7, 2014.

Two reasons for bail

Samantha Perry, 27, of 323 Belmont St., was arraigned Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on charges of driving after suspension for Driving While Intoxicated, driving with a suspended registration and conduct after an accident, which involved four vehicles.

A police prosecutor requested $1,000 cash/surety bail for Perry, whose DWI conviction was in July 2012.

Perry asked for personal recognizance bail, saying she turned herself in last month on this set of charges and shows up in court. Judge Gregory Michael said: "It's not just a showing up in court issue." Michael said it's also a matter of protecting the public. He said some amount of cash bail is appropriate and set $500 cash/surety. Trial was set for Jan. 21, 2014.

Threatening counts

A bail revocation hearing was set Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division for Miguel Dejesus Cruz, 42, of 429 Kelley St. Dejesus was out on bail on an October criminal threatening charge, alleging he threatened to go to a man's apartment and kill him while the man was sleeping, when Dejesus allegedly committed new crimes early Friday morning.

A felony of criminal threatening alleges that while holding a knife, he told his girlfriend, to "stop crying or I'll slice your throat."

Four misdemeanors of simple assault allege he slapped the woman across the face, grabbed her by the arm and dragged her to a bathroom and punched her in the back of the head several times. A charge of endangering the welfare of a child alleges that Dejesus' girlfriend was holding her two-month-old son when Dejesus punched her and one of the punches struck her and glanced off, striking the infant in the back of his head.

A misdemeanor criminal threatening charge alleges Dejesus told his girlfriend's mother that he would slice her daughter's throat if she left him. A false imprisonment charge accuses him of confining his girlfriend by blocking her way, so she could not get up and answer the door when police knocked on it.

A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Jan. 7, 2014, and trial on all the misdemeanors, including the October charge, was set for Jan. 28, 2014. The bail revocation hearing is to determine whether Dejesus' bail on the October charge should be revoked and Dejesus be held until trial Jan. 28. If his bail is not revoked, bail will be set on the new charges.

Says girlfriend is gone

Ethan Keenan, 23, of 286 Concord St., could enter no plea Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony charge of second-degree assault that alleges he strangled his girlfriend until she had difficulty breathing. He's also accused of assault, for allegedly punching her during an argument, and criminal mischief, for allegedly breaking a mirror.

A police prosecutor requested $15,000 cash/surety for Keenan, saying he has convictions going back to 2008 that include endangering the welfare of a child and criminal threatening.

Keenan asked for a break on bail, saying the woman he described as "my fiancee" was no longer at the Concord Street address. "(She) went to Mass. with her two older children," said Keenan. He said his two children are at a different address. "My kids are with someone they don't know," he told Judge Gregory Michael.

Michael set bail at $5,000 cash/surety, with conditions barring contact with the alleged victim. A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Jan. 7, 2014, and trial on the misdemeanors was set for Jan. 22, 2014.

Woman faces drug counts

Police said when a Concord woman was brought to the police station for processing after her arrest on a lane infraction and an electronic bench warrant from Concord on a driving after revocation charge, she attempted to swallow heroin.

As a result, Susan Yanski, 49, of 74 Weir Road, was charged with felony possession of a narcotic drug and attempted falsifying physical evidence. Police prosecutors sought bail of $2,000 cash/surety, noting not only were there Manchester felony charges but also a warrant from Concord for failing to pay a fine. Yanski dismissed the Concord issue, saying: "It was an oversight." She told Judge Gregory Michael: "I don't have a history." Yanski said she has a family and a job and asked for personal recognizance bail. Michael set bail at $500 cash/surety on the Manchester charges. The Concord warrant has a $500 personal recognizance bail.Because no plea can be entered to a felony charge in Circuit Court, a probable cause hearing was set for Jan. 7, 2014, when the traffic violation will also be addressed.

Judge urges cooperation

William Signor, 31, whose address is listed as the homeless shelter, didn't help himself by repeatedly interrupting Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge Gregory Michael during the arraignment process Friday.

Signor was in court on a criminal trespass charge from September for which he twice failed to appear in court last month. Prosecutors said there was also a charge of inhaling toxic vapors.

Michael said it appeared Signor had court-appointed counsel, but Signor said he'd fired his court-appointed lawyer. Michael's repeated questions about why Signor had failed to appear in court were ignored by Signor, who kept interrupting and talking about his fiancee and two children and firing his lawyer.

When Michael finally warned that if he didn't begin to cooperate, Signor would have no opportunity for input on bail, Signor said he'd been avoiding court in hopes of getting through the holidays.

Michael set bail at $300 cash/surety and trial was set for Jan. 21, 2014.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
  • Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
  • KSC students
  • 37%
  • KSC administration
  • 2%
  • Police
  • 6%
  • Visitors from out of town
  • 18%
  • A combination of any/all of the above
  • 37%
  • Total Votes: 2483

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events