Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Sunapee man accused of killing Vt. couple, unborn baby to be arraigned on new charges Friday
Robert Dellinger, 53, of 28 Birchpoint Lane, Sunapee, is set to be arraigned on two counts of second-degree murder on Friday in the 2nd Circuit Court in Lebanon at 9 a.m., Attorney General Joseph A. Foster, New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert C. Quinn, and Lebanon Police Chief Gary J. Smith announced Tuesday.
He was originally to be arraigned on the new charges Tuesday. Authorities say the crash was a failed suicide attempt on Dellinger's part.
Dellinger was arraigned in Lebanon District Court Dec. 11 on two counts of manslaughter.
According to Senior Assistant District Attorney Susan Morrell in court Dec. 11, Dellinger left his Sunapee home Dec. 7 after an argument with his wife over his depression medication and a bedtime curfew imposed by his doctor, and headed south on Interstate 89 in his 2005 Chevy pickup.
In an attempt to commit suicide, Morrell said, Dellinger crossed into the median, went airborne into the northbound side of 89 and sheered the roof off the car driven by Amanda Murphy and hit a sign post before coming to rest on the side of the road.
Murphy, 24, who was eight months pregnant, and her fiance, Jason Timmons, 29, were killed.
Dellinger suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was treated at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH fugitive sought for a year found in Detroit - 0
- Former AG hired to investigate UNH's actions over alleged locker-room photography - 0
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
- Total Votes: 917