Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Sunapee man accused of killing Vt. couple, unborn baby to be arraigned on new charges Friday
Robert Dellinger, 53, of 28 Birchpoint Lane, Sunapee, is set to be arraigned on two counts of second-degree murder on Friday in the 2nd Circuit Court in Lebanon at 9 a.m., Attorney General Joseph A. Foster, New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert C. Quinn, and Lebanon Police Chief Gary J. Smith announced Tuesday.
He was originally to be arraigned on the new charges Tuesday. Authorities say the crash was a failed suicide attempt on Dellinger's part.
Dellinger was arraigned in Lebanon District Court Dec. 11 on two counts of manslaughter.
According to Senior Assistant District Attorney Susan Morrell in court Dec. 11, Dellinger left his Sunapee home Dec. 7 after an argument with his wife over his depression medication and a bedtime curfew imposed by his doctor, and headed south on Interstate 89 in his 2005 Chevy pickup.
In an attempt to commit suicide, Morrell said, Dellinger crossed into the median, went airborne into the northbound side of 89 and sheered the roof off the car driven by Amanda Murphy and hit a sign post before coming to rest on the side of the road.
Murphy, 24, who was eight months pregnant, and her fiance, Jason Timmons, 29, were killed.
Dellinger suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was treated at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council