Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Keene murder victim died of multiple gunshot wounds autopsy concludes
David Wheelock, 48, 170 of Pearl Street was found dead in his home around 9:30 p.m. Saturday night after police responded to a 911 call for medical assistance and arrived to find Wheelock deceased.
An autopsy was performed Monday. Tuesday the New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph A. Foster, Keene Police Chief Kenneth Meola, and New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert Quinn announced the results of the autopsy performed by the state’s Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Thomas Andrew.
“From that examination, Dr. Andrew was able to determine that the cause of Mr. Wheelock’s death was multiple gunshot wounds, and the manner of his death was homicide,” authorities said in a press release Tuesday morning.
Authorities also said they continuing to ask for the public’s help.
Anyone who traveled on Pearl Street between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday should contact the Keene police with any observations they made while travelling in or around 170 Pearl Street, which lies opposite the intersection of Pearl Street and Meadow Road.
Police can be contacted at (603) 357-9820, or they may leave an anonymous tip at the Keene Police Department’s online tip line: http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/departments/police/anonymous-crime-tips.
The investigation will continue throughout the Christmas holiday, authorities said.
Wheelock was wheelchair bound.
According to the state’s sex offender registry, Wheelock was convicted of 28 child pornography charges in 2005.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Central rally stuns Memorial - 1
- NHIAA Hockey: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Murder suspect fit for trial?
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483