Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester man recovering after being shot in home invasion
Police responded to 18 King St. at 12:01 a.m. after receiving a report of the armed robbery, including the fact someone had been shot.
Toussaint could not provide specifics because the case is under investigation; he said the two residents were awake when two men entered the home through the front door.
Police believe two masked men entered the bedroom of the man and his girlfriend. After the man refused to provide any money, he was shot in the left lower leg and was struck by another unknown object, according to police.
As the two men were leaving the home, they were confronted at the front door by another woman who lived in the home. She chased the two men down the street until they pointed the gun at her and told her to back away, which she did. Both men fled down Court Street on foot, according to police.
Following the incident, the injured man was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital, where he was reported in stable condition Monday morning, according to police.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Rochester Police Detective Jeremiah Murphy at 330-7140. Calls to the Rochester Crimeline will remain confidential, and rewards may be given for information leading to an arrest. Anonymous tips can be left on the Rochester Crimeline at 335-6500 or texted to Crimes (274637). In the body of the text, simply write TEXT4CASH followed by the tip.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 0
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Police remove dogs, cats and pig from Derry home after report of strong odor - 0
- Former New London police chief settles with female accuser - 0
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Reports: Celtics near completion of Rondo deal - 0
- Grid coach Cote, BG go their separate ways - 0
- Former owners of 'casualty' of Northern Pass file appeal - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs