Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester man recovering after being shot in home invasion
Police responded to 18 King St. at 12:01 a.m. after receiving a report of the armed robbery, including the fact someone had been shot.
Toussaint could not provide specifics because the case is under investigation; he said the two residents were awake when two men entered the home through the front door.
Police believe two masked men entered the bedroom of the man and his girlfriend. After the man refused to provide any money, he was shot in the left lower leg and was struck by another unknown object, according to police.
As the two men were leaving the home, they were confronted at the front door by another woman who lived in the home. She chased the two men down the street until they pointed the gun at her and told her to back away, which she did. Both men fled down Court Street on foot, according to police.
Following the incident, the injured man was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital, where he was reported in stable condition Monday morning, according to police.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Rochester Police Detective Jeremiah Murphy at 330-7140. Calls to the Rochester Crimeline will remain confidential, and rewards may be given for information leading to an arrest. Anonymous tips can be left on the Rochester Crimeline at 335-6500 or texted to Crimes (274637). In the body of the text, simply write TEXT4CASH followed by the tip.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket