Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester man recovering after being shot in home invasion
Police responded to 18 King St. at 12:01 a.m. after receiving a report of the armed robbery, including the fact someone had been shot.
Toussaint could not provide specifics because the case is under investigation; he said the two residents were awake when two men entered the home through the front door.
Police believe two masked men entered the bedroom of the man and his girlfriend. After the man refused to provide any money, he was shot in the left lower leg and was struck by another unknown object, according to police.
As the two men were leaving the home, they were confronted at the front door by another woman who lived in the home. She chased the two men down the street until they pointed the gun at her and told her to back away, which she did. Both men fled down Court Street on foot, according to police.
Following the incident, the injured man was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital, where he was reported in stable condition Monday morning, according to police.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Rochester Police Detective Jeremiah Murphy at 330-7140. Calls to the Rochester Crimeline will remain confidential, and rewards may be given for information leading to an arrest. Anonymous tips can be left on the Rochester Crimeline at 335-6500 or texted to Crimes (274637). In the body of the text, simply write TEXT4CASH followed by the tip.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate