Home » News » Public Safety
Mont Vernon man to be arraigned in Amherst man's hit-and-run death
"No matter how it happened, somebody left and they left a world of turmoil behind them," Lt. Anthony Ciampoli said.
The collision occurred shortly before 1 p.m. on Merrimack Road just east of the intersection with Corduroy Road. The location is about 1 1/2 miles northwest of Souhegan Regional High School at 412 Boston Post Road in an area popular among commuters seeking shortcuts.
Police said they are withholding the victim's name until they notify all his relatives.
"He was a very well-known and well-respected individual who will get our utmost attention to solve the matter," Ciampoli said.
Police said they are looking for a vehicle that has fresh damage — most likely to the right front corner. It appears the headlight was damaged in the collision.
"First, we would love to be able to come up with the vehicle type," Ciampoli said.
So far, no witnesses have come forward.
"It would be very unlikely that the person who struck this party, that they did not know they did it," Ciampoli said.
He said police found nothing to indicate the driver's vision could have been obscured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run