Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Manchester Central senior accused of driving on sidewalks to chase Memorial student
Thomas Ford Jr., 17, of 10 Grandview Drive, Hooksett, was in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to face a felony charge of reckless conduct with a deadly weapon, an automobile. After entering no plea, a probable cause hearing was set for Jan. 22, 2014. He pleaded innocent to charges of criminal threatening and disobeying a police officer and trial was set for Feb. 12, 2014.
Ford, a student at Manchester High School Central, is accused of shouting at a Memorial High School student: "You are going to die today Blondie," and of chasing the teen with his father's car on the afternoon of Nov. 22.
Ford is accused of chasing the student by driving up the Southside Middle School driveway and onto the pedestrian sidewalk, then jumping a sidewalk onto South Jewett Street and up Seames Drive, before the victim was able to escape.
Court documents show that when police interviewed Ford, he told them he didn't have a problem with the Memorial student, but his passenger was upset that the student had been talking to the passenger's girlfriend. Ford said his passenger yelled at the Memorial student.
The disobeying charge stems from an incident about 10 hours later. Shortly before 1 a.m. Nov. 23, a police officer in a marked cruiser with signals activated sought to stop Ford, who was allegedly speeding in the alley behind 1448 Elm St. Police said Ford didn't stop, but turned onto Dow Street and then Elm Street, finally stopping in front of 1531 Elm St.
Ford was arrested and released on $1,000 personal recognizance bail, with conditions that included no contact with a specific student at Central, not going to 1448 Elm St., and staying with a specific person on Central Street.
When Ford failed to appear in Circuit Court Dec. 13 on the disobeying charge, a bench warrant was issued and bail was set at $350 cash/surety. Ford Thursday told Judge Gregory Michael that he confused the day of the week and went to the police department when he learned of his mistake.
Michael waived the $50 failure to appear fee.
Michael continued bail at $5,000 personal recognizance on the reckless conduct and criminal threatening charges and told Ford: "I want you to smarten up out on the roadway."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bath man, 73, charged with sexual assault of child - 0
- Two Derry residents charged with burglarizing home - 0
- 4 charged with digging up corpse of NH businessman - 0
- Former Manchester restaurateur convicted of sexual assault - 0
- Check scheme leads to arrests in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police warn of phone scam involving IRS claims - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Three arrested on drug charges after police search apartment - 3
- Seabrook fires two officers for Bergeron brutality - 7
- Former Claremont PTO member arrested for theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Cheshire Historical Society receives nearly $1 million - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
- Total Votes: 917