Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Police say man flicked cigarette at stopped cruiser
Police said Officer Warren Tanner was in his marked cruiser, stopped in traffic on Pine Street near High Street Tuesday evening, when a man walking on the sidewalk next to his travel lane looked directly at him, said something inaudible and flicked a lighted cigarette at the open driver's window. The cigarette did not go through the open window, but bounced off the door and fell to the ground.
Tanner called to the man, later identified as Takeam Brinson, 31, whose local residence is 199 Manchester St., but said Brinson quickened his pace and continued to walk away. Tanner had to run to catch up with Brinson and struggled with him briefly before he could handcuff Brinson.
A cigarette butt recovered from the cruiser's location was matched to the cigarette brand in Brinson's possession.
In Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on Thursday, Brinson's lawyer told Judge Gregory Michael that Brinson had come from Baltimore to New Hampshire to work for Comcast and was staying at the shelter.
Suggesting Brinson be more circumspect in his behavior, Michael set bail at $1,000 personal recognizance. Trial was set for Jan. 27, 2014.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917