Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Police say man flicked cigarette at stopped cruiser
Police said Officer Warren Tanner was in his marked cruiser, stopped in traffic on Pine Street near High Street Tuesday evening, when a man walking on the sidewalk next to his travel lane looked directly at him, said something inaudible and flicked a lighted cigarette at the open driver's window. The cigarette did not go through the open window, but bounced off the door and fell to the ground.
Tanner called to the man, later identified as Takeam Brinson, 31, whose local residence is 199 Manchester St., but said Brinson quickened his pace and continued to walk away. Tanner had to run to catch up with Brinson and struggled with him briefly before he could handcuff Brinson.
A cigarette butt recovered from the cruiser's location was matched to the cigarette brand in Brinson's possession.
In Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on Thursday, Brinson's lawyer told Judge Gregory Michael that Brinson had come from Baltimore to New Hampshire to work for Comcast and was staying at the shelter.
Suggesting Brinson be more circumspect in his behavior, Michael set bail at $1,000 personal recognizance. Trial was set for Jan. 27, 2014.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Rondo leads Celtics past Nets
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief