Home » News » Public Safety
Fund set up for daughters of mom killed in Christmas Eve crash
Hamilton, 30, was on her way to pick up Madalyn, Lillian and Caleigh at her parents’ home, which is just down the road from the intersection where the accident took place, Brookline Fire Chief Charles Corey said.
Hamilton’s father, Steven Whitcomb, is a volunteer firefighter and was among the first team of firefighters to arrive at the scene.
He disputed initial reports that Whitcomb had to pull his daughter out of the vehicle. He said Whitcomb was on one of the first two trucks that arrived, but was unsure of his exact role at the accident scene.
The family has released an obituary and asked for donations to the Hamilton Family Trust, which is set up at the Brookline branch of TD Bank.
Hamilton volunteered at Fire Department fundraisers, according to her obituary. She was an apprentice plumber and worked alongside her father, who owns a plumbing/heating business.
The collision sent her SUV into the northbound lane, where it was struck broadside by a Ford F-250 pickup truck. Hamilton was pronounced dead at the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 45
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released