Home » News » Public Safety
Fund set up for daughters of mom killed in Christmas Eve crash
Hamilton, 30, was on her way to pick up Madalyn, Lillian and Caleigh at her parents’ home, which is just down the road from the intersection where the accident took place, Brookline Fire Chief Charles Corey said.
Hamilton’s father, Steven Whitcomb, is a volunteer firefighter and was among the first team of firefighters to arrive at the scene.
He disputed initial reports that Whitcomb had to pull his daughter out of the vehicle. He said Whitcomb was on one of the first two trucks that arrived, but was unsure of his exact role at the accident scene.
The family has released an obituary and asked for donations to the Hamilton Family Trust, which is set up at the Brookline branch of TD Bank.
Hamilton volunteered at Fire Department fundraisers, according to her obituary. She was an apprentice plumber and worked alongside her father, who owns a plumbing/heating business.
The collision sent her SUV into the northbound lane, where it was struck broadside by a Ford F-250 pickup truck. Hamilton was pronounced dead at the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, at least 18 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation; $30M for roads approved - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal