Home » News » Public Safety
Fund set up for daughters of mom killed in Christmas Eve crash
Hamilton, 30, was on her way to pick up Madalyn, Lillian and Caleigh at her parents’ home, which is just down the road from the intersection where the accident took place, Brookline Fire Chief Charles Corey said.
Hamilton’s father, Steven Whitcomb, is a volunteer firefighter and was among the first team of firefighters to arrive at the scene.
He disputed initial reports that Whitcomb had to pull his daughter out of the vehicle. He said Whitcomb was on one of the first two trucks that arrived, but was unsure of his exact role at the accident scene.
The family has released an obituary and asked for donations to the Hamilton Family Trust, which is set up at the Brookline branch of TD Bank.
Hamilton volunteered at Fire Department fundraisers, according to her obituary. She was an apprentice plumber and worked alongside her father, who owns a plumbing/heating business.
The collision sent her SUV into the northbound lane, where it was struck broadside by a Ford F-250 pickup truck. Hamilton was pronounced dead at the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'