Home » News » Public Safety
Fund set up for daughters of mom killed in Christmas Eve crash
Hamilton, 30, was on her way to pick up Madalyn, Lillian and Caleigh at her parents’ home, which is just down the road from the intersection where the accident took place, Brookline Fire Chief Charles Corey said.
Hamilton’s father, Steven Whitcomb, is a volunteer firefighter and was among the first team of firefighters to arrive at the scene.
He disputed initial reports that Whitcomb had to pull his daughter out of the vehicle. He said Whitcomb was on one of the first two trucks that arrived, but was unsure of his exact role at the accident scene.
The family has released an obituary and asked for donations to the Hamilton Family Trust, which is set up at the Brookline branch of TD Bank.
Hamilton volunteered at Fire Department fundraisers, according to her obituary. She was an apprentice plumber and worked alongside her father, who owns a plumbing/heating business.
The collision sent her SUV into the northbound lane, where it was struck broadside by a Ford F-250 pickup truck. Hamilton was pronounced dead at the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 5
School's out for voters
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four