Home » News » Public Safety
Derry council has heated fire grant debate
Councilors voted 2-4 not to accept the grant, with Council Chairman Michael Fairbanks, and Councilor Phyllis Katsakiores casting the two affirmative votes.
"I'm looking to see that the taxpayers don't get hit with something because of what we are doing here," he said.
Councilor Mark Osborne responded, saying, "This is on the agenda."
Fairbanks said the reason he put the item on the agenda was to have the public hearing and then the council could vote on postponement.Councilor Thomas Cardon said he thought the item should still be voted on and shouldn't have been left off just because Wetherbee couldn't attend.
Fairbanks said he tried to make the process as fair as he could for each councilor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 4
- One killed in Wednesday morning crash on I-89 in Warner - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 6
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection