Sen. David Boutin: Kudos to DRED for taking citizen complaints seriously
Quite frankly, I don't do a lot of horseback riding. So I'm incredibly grateful that one of my constituents, Susan Cassidy, shared her concerns about the new rules with me.
When faced with such an outcry, many a bureaucrat will get defensive or evasive. But both the Parks and Forests Divisions responded admirably, scheduling public hearings across the state and incorporating the public's input into your rules.
Open government is vital to New Hampshire's civic life. The new rules that DRED crafted will not only lead to safer, more accessible state parks, but show other departments how the rulemaking process should work.
Sen. David Boutin, a Hooksett Republican, represents Bow, Candia, Dunbarton, Hooksett and Wards 1, 2 and 12 in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 11
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 2
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you