Sen. David Boutin: Kudos to DRED for taking citizen complaints seriously
Quite frankly, I don't do a lot of horseback riding. So I'm incredibly grateful that one of my constituents, Susan Cassidy, shared her concerns about the new rules with me.
When faced with such an outcry, many a bureaucrat will get defensive or evasive. But both the Parks and Forests Divisions responded admirably, scheduling public hearings across the state and incorporating the public's input into your rules.
Open government is vital to New Hampshire's civic life. The new rules that DRED crafted will not only lead to safer, more accessible state parks, but show other departments how the rulemaking process should work.
Sen. David Boutin, a Hooksett Republican, represents Bow, Candia, Dunbarton, Hooksett and Wards 1, 2 and 12 in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
- SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some - 4
- UNH- Manchester looks to move into Pandora building - 2
- Wilton school project begins - 0
- Nashua explores taking over Brentwood School - 0
- Franklin Pierce lays off four full-time employees - 0
- New Highland-Goffe's Falls principal starts job today - 0
- Board to vote on new graphic design program - 0
- Londonderry names assistant superintendent - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax