Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Charges upgraded against former Fortune 500 executive accused of intentionally causing fatal crash
Robert Dellinger, 53, of Point Birch Lane, Sunapee, was arraigned on two second-degree murder charges via video conference for allegedly causing the deaths of a young couple in a Dec. 7 car crash on Interstate 89.
In the brief hearing, Assistant Attorney General Diana Fenton argued to maintain Dellinger's no bail status, which judge Lawrence Macleod agreed with. Macleod denied a request from Dellinger's attorney for a bail hearing.
Outside of the courtroom, Fenton said after looking at the evidence prosecutors felt the upgraded charges are warranted. He was originally charged with two counts of manslaughter for recklessly causing the death of Vermont couple Amanda Murphy and Jason Timmons.
Prosecutors allege he intentionally drove his vehicle from the southbound lane of travel across the I-89 median and collided with Timmons and Murphy's vehicle, in a failed suicide attempt on his part.
At the time of their deaths Timmons and Murphy were engaged to be married and Murphy was eight months pregnant with their first child.
Dellinger is expected to appear in court next on Jan. 14 for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Londonderry set to vote on school repairs
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council