Home » News » Public Safety
Injured Mass. woman rescued after fall on Mount Monadnock
According to a press release from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, Julie Nocka, 51, of Harvard, Mass., was hiking the mountain with her family, and was headed down a steep icy section of the Marlborough Trail when she sustained a severe lower leg injury.
The Fish and Game Department received a call from New Hampshire State Police Troop C in Keene at 3 p.m. about the injured woman, the press release said.
Rescuers and the victim's family carried the woman more than a mile over steep snow covered icy terrain, reaching the trailhead at 7:15 p.m., according to Fish and Game. Nocka was taken by ambulance to the Cheshire Medical Center in Keene for treatment.
Rescue workers included conservation officers from Fish and Game, Mt. Monadnock State Park personnel, members of Rescue Inc. of Brattleboro, Vt.
Fish and game said hikers should be aware that earlier mild temperatures and rain coupled with recent snowfall have made trail conditions treacherous and ask that hikers plan accordingly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist dies in Route 302 crash - 0
- First Coffee with a Cop session goes smoothly - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 4
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen