Home » News » Public Safety
Injured Mass. woman rescued after fall on Mount Monadnock
According to a press release from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, Julie Nocka, 51, of Harvard, Mass., was hiking the mountain with her family, and was headed down a steep icy section of the Marlborough Trail when she sustained a severe lower leg injury.
The Fish and Game Department received a call from New Hampshire State Police Troop C in Keene at 3 p.m. about the injured woman, the press release said.
Rescuers and the victim's family carried the woman more than a mile over steep snow covered icy terrain, reaching the trailhead at 7:15 p.m., according to Fish and Game. Nocka was taken by ambulance to the Cheshire Medical Center in Keene for treatment.
Rescue workers included conservation officers from Fish and Game, Mt. Monadnock State Park personnel, members of Rescue Inc. of Brattleboro, Vt.
Fish and game said hikers should be aware that earlier mild temperatures and rain coupled with recent snowfall have made trail conditions treacherous and ask that hikers plan accordingly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus