Weekend snow watch posted
But meteorologist Steve Capriola said it was only a watch at the moment and it appeared that the most significant snowfall could increase the misery of people in Maine who are still dealing with the effects of last week's ice storm.
He said there would be less snow to the west and north, but even in Concord, he said: "It will be plowable snow."
As of late afternnoon Friday, the expectation was that the snow would begin late Sunday afternoon and continue into Monday morning, perhaps a 12-hour snow.
The weather service has already posted a small craft advisory along the Seacoast, from southern New Jersey to the northern tip of the Maine coast.
Capriola said late Friday afternoon that an update had just been posted, as they are frequently. So if the "watch" needs to become a "warning," or the storm changes direction, the National Weather Service will keep the public informed about those changes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
- Water damage displaces North Elementary classrooms - 0
- Farmers lament effects of long, snowy winter - 2
- Maple producers hope for weather to turn corner - 0
- Wintry weather for now, but wait until the end of the week - 0
- Spring arrives, as does more snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 0
- Hollis police say stun gun needed on ‘unruly’ man - 0
- Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
- Legislative committees move 4.2-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase closer to reality - 6
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers