Home » News » Public Safety
Snow ride ends with injuries in Pittsburg
Jennifer Hrenko, 40, of Fall River, Mass, was riding on Steward Young Road at Lopstick Lodge when she lost control of the machine, which ran up an embankment, throwing her from the vehicle.
The snowmobile proceeded to hit a building and ended up smashing into a tree. Investigators were not immediately sure what caused Hrenko to lose control of the snowmobile.
Officials said Hrenko was wearing a helmet and was taken to Upper Connecticut Valley in Colebrook for treatment.
State Fish and Game Conservation officers are continuing their investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH student reports attempted abduction; Police step up patrols as school year starts - 0
- Biker faces charges after high-speed chase at 127 mph - 0
- Claremont home saved from garage fire - 0
- Hudson police warn of cars being broken into - 0
- Police investigate Newport shooting, no threat to public says chief - 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America