Home » Opinion » Editorials
Save the surplus: State reserves are too low
The state already has spent $57 million of that surplus in the current budget - which the big-spenders also attacked as too stingy. But $15 million remains. Naturally, Gov. Maggie Hassan - who vigorously opposed both budgets, but ultimately signed and took credit for the current one - has proposed spending half of that.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'