Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sullivan County Humane Society treasurer indicted
Danyle M. Morse, 38, of Woonsocket Avenue is set to be arraigned on the charges in Sullivan County Superior Court on Monday.
Allen Damren, former SAU 6 assistant superintendent, has stepped into Morse’s board seat and as the shelter’s new treasurer, Bromley said.
Damren said the allegations are shocking and embarrassing, but he would encourage community members to continue to donate to the non-profit and to come in and speak to the volunteers if they have any questions or concerns.
“The community has the need,” Damren said.
Morse was indicted by the Sullivan County Superior Court grand jury Dec. 18 on the charge of theft by unauthorized taking.
“We obviously feel awful that this happened and that people made donations to the shelter for the animals,” Bromley said. “We work really hard that all of our donations and fundraisings go to the animals so it was heart-breaking to find out this was going on.”
“She hasn’t made any attempt to return any money,” Bromley said.
An indictment is not an indication of guilt, but rather a ruling by a grand jury that prosecutors have enough evidence to move forward with charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483