Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Sullivan County Humane Society treasurer indicted
Danyle M. Morse, 38, of Woonsocket Avenue is set to be arraigned on the charges in Sullivan County Superior Court on Monday.
Allen Damren, former SAU 6 assistant superintendent, has stepped into Morse’s board seat and as the shelter’s new treasurer, Bromley said.
Damren said the allegations are shocking and embarrassing, but he would encourage community members to continue to donate to the non-profit and to come in and speak to the volunteers if they have any questions or concerns.
“The community has the need,” Damren said.
Morse was indicted by the Sullivan County Superior Court grand jury Dec. 18 on the charge of theft by unauthorized taking.
“We obviously feel awful that this happened and that people made donations to the shelter for the animals,” Bromley said. “We work really hard that all of our donations and fundraisings go to the animals so it was heart-breaking to find out this was going on.”
“She hasn’t made any attempt to return any money,” Bromley said.
An indictment is not an indication of guilt, but rather a ruling by a grand jury that prosecutors have enough evidence to move forward with charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917