Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Sullivan County Humane Society treasurer indicted
Danyle M. Morse, 38, of Woonsocket Avenue is set to be arraigned on the charges in Sullivan County Superior Court on Monday.
Allen Damren, former SAU 6 assistant superintendent, has stepped into Morse’s board seat and as the shelter’s new treasurer, Bromley said.
Damren said the allegations are shocking and embarrassing, but he would encourage community members to continue to donate to the non-profit and to come in and speak to the volunteers if they have any questions or concerns.
“The community has the need,” Damren said.
Morse was indicted by the Sullivan County Superior Court grand jury Dec. 18 on the charge of theft by unauthorized taking.
“We obviously feel awful that this happened and that people made donations to the shelter for the animals,” Bromley said. “We work really hard that all of our donations and fundraisings go to the animals so it was heart-breaking to find out this was going on.”
“She hasn’t made any attempt to return any money,” Bromley said.
An indictment is not an indication of guilt, but rather a ruling by a grand jury that prosecutors have enough evidence to move forward with charges.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917