Hearing on Salem high school renovation scheduled
The board is holding a public hearing on the project at the high school's media center on Thursday, Jan. 16, to "consider the incurring of indebtedness for the purpose of construction and original equipping of renovations and improvements to Salem High School and the Salem High School Career and Technical Education center in the amount of $74,745,00," according to Bernard Campbell, board chairman.
Earlier in December, the School Board approved placing an article on the March town election warrant asking to appropriate the $74,745,000 for the high school project.
Part of the high school renovation project includes the renovation of the school's Career and Technical Education (CTE) center.
The superintendent said the public hearing and other potential meetings before the March vote are intended to answer all questions the public has about the project.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- A voice for New Hampshire is silenced, but Stacey Cole's impact will remain - 0
- Whether you have everything or nothing, you can find the perfect gift in these pages - 0
- Obituaries can give life to the recently departed - 0
- The Donald trumped event with praise for Foley, others - 0
- A Revolutionary War descendant became the paper's original 'tree hugger' - 2
- Newspapers save democracy, one edition at a time - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Bradlee, B.J. and a heavenly forgiveness - 1
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 6
- No Columbus Day celebration, but we'll always have our Festivus poles - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings