Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Homeless man held for alleged sexually assault of girl, 7, in Dover last week
Tad Emerson, 22, who is homeless, was charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault stemming from an incident allegedly involving a girl, 7, in the early morning hours at an undisclosed local residence, according to Detective Sgt. Scott Pettingill.
Following an investigation, Pettingill said police arrested Emerson without incident at Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester around 6 p.m. Tuesday. He added Emerson was at the hospital for an unrelated incident.
After declining the assistance of a bail commissioner, Emerson was held overnight in Strafford County jail. During his video arraignment Wednesday morning bail was set at $25,000 cash with the conditions that he have no contact with the girl or have unsupervised contact with any children under 18, according to Pettingill.
If released, Emerson would be monitored by the Strafford County Community Corrections Program, be required to have a GPS bracelet and have a curfew between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m. He must also undergo a mental health evaluation and a drug treatment program, according to court records.
As this is a felony charge, a probable cause hearing is scheduled for Jan. 10 at 10 a.m. in 7th Circuit Court – Dover District, according to court records.
Anyone with information about this case can contact Dover Police Department at (603) 742-4646, call the Dover Crimeline at (603) 749-6000, or submit information online at www.dovernhcrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth