Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Homeless man held for alleged sexually assault of girl, 7, in Dover last week
Tad Emerson, 22, who is homeless, was charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault stemming from an incident allegedly involving a girl, 7, in the early morning hours at an undisclosed local residence, according to Detective Sgt. Scott Pettingill.
Following an investigation, Pettingill said police arrested Emerson without incident at Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester around 6 p.m. Tuesday. He added Emerson was at the hospital for an unrelated incident.
After declining the assistance of a bail commissioner, Emerson was held overnight in Strafford County jail. During his video arraignment Wednesday morning bail was set at $25,000 cash with the conditions that he have no contact with the girl or have unsupervised contact with any children under 18, according to Pettingill.
If released, Emerson would be monitored by the Strafford County Community Corrections Program, be required to have a GPS bracelet and have a curfew between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m. He must also undergo a mental health evaluation and a drug treatment program, according to court records.
As this is a felony charge, a probable cause hearing is scheduled for Jan. 10 at 10 a.m. in 7th Circuit Court – Dover District, according to court records.
Anyone with information about this case can contact Dover Police Department at (603) 742-4646, call the Dover Crimeline at (603) 749-6000, or submit information online at www.dovernhcrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'