Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Homeless man held for alleged sexually assault of girl, 7, in Dover last week
Tad Emerson, 22, who is homeless, was charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault stemming from an incident allegedly involving a girl, 7, in the early morning hours at an undisclosed local residence, according to Detective Sgt. Scott Pettingill.
Following an investigation, Pettingill said police arrested Emerson without incident at Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester around 6 p.m. Tuesday. He added Emerson was at the hospital for an unrelated incident.
After declining the assistance of a bail commissioner, Emerson was held overnight in Strafford County jail. During his video arraignment Wednesday morning bail was set at $25,000 cash with the conditions that he have no contact with the girl or have unsupervised contact with any children under 18, according to Pettingill.
If released, Emerson would be monitored by the Strafford County Community Corrections Program, be required to have a GPS bracelet and have a curfew between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m. He must also undergo a mental health evaluation and a drug treatment program, according to court records.
As this is a felony charge, a probable cause hearing is scheduled for Jan. 10 at 10 a.m. in 7th Circuit Court – Dover District, according to court records.
Anyone with information about this case can contact Dover Police Department at (603) 742-4646, call the Dover Crimeline at (603) 749-6000, or submit information online at www.dovernhcrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior