Home » News » Public Safety
Ex-sergeant sues after Sandown police chief says he made up traffic stops
But the chief’s attorney said Gordon received information that Wood had been “routinely falsifying police records — that he in fact had been making up from ‘whole cloth’ supposed car stops, and entering information about those stops into the police computer system in order to pad his statistics.”
Wood filed a lawsuit in Rockingham County Superior Court, arguing that he should be removed from the state’s Laurie List, which lists police officers with potential credibility issues.
Wood claims his placement on the Laurie List, “directly caused his loss of employment with the Chester Police Department” where he recently applied for a job.
He said Gordon and another officer in the department conducted an internal investigation “which uncovered evidence that confirmed (Wood) had, in fact, made false entries into the police department computer system — most likely on hundreds of different occasions.”
“(Wood) neither admitted nor denied the charges against him,” Livernois said in court papers.
“There was positively no discussion of termination, discipline, sanction or otherwise,” Wood said in his complaint, adding that he had “an impeccable service record.”
Selectmen were made aware of Gordon’s finding, according to Wood, but it was not placed in his permanent file.
A judge is expected to hear testimony regarding Wood’s lawsuit in February.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 4
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses