Another View -- Joseph Pepe: Not expanding Medicaid will cost New Hampshire
It’s important for the vast majority of our citizens and business who have or offer health insurance, but whose premiums are being driven up in part by cost shifting by medical providers to pay for those without insurance.
This issue was debated thoroughly in the last session of the Legislature. A bipartisan commission met over the summer and made recommendations for a uniquely New Hampshire approach to expansion.
Given the range of important, though complex, health care issues facing our state — restructuring of the Medicaid Enhancement Tax; improving reimbursement rates for providers; reforming our mental health system — expanding health coverage should be a relatively easy problem to solve.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: The 'experts' look down on you - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 10
- David Harsanyi: The two-state solution is dead - 1
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 1
- Another View -- Max Boot: Six steps to a better strategy for defeating ISIS - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Wait, when did we finish talking about Gruber? - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: The climate pact swindle - 0
- Roger Simon: So why don't the media report better news? - 0
- George Will: Required reading on a Rockefeller - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
- College Roundup: Mabrey leads St. Anselm men; UNH tops BU - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection