AAA says higher prices for gas expected to start off in 2014
In Manchester, the average price of regular gas was $3.37 a gallon on Monday, 5-cents higher than a month earlier, and by a penny more than the same date in 2012.
Pat Moody, spokesman for Northern New England AAA, said maintenance and other issues at refineries appear to be the biggest factor in gasoline prices.
As of Monday, gas prices had risen 11 days in a row nationally, and the Midwest states of Ohio, Michigan and Indiana had seen gas prices increase by more than 25 cents over a two-week period. Moody said it’s hard to say whether New Hampshire will see such increases.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl Scouts need help sending cookies to military personnel overseas - 0
- Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs - 0
- Commentary: Chronically homeless vets are a problem for all of us - 0
- Rep. Shea-Porter bashes planned military cuts - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief - 0
- Sen. Ayotte concerned about cuts in COLA for new service members - 0
- NH veterans get a deal at Amesbury Sports Park - 0
- VA Medical Center to host open house - 0
- Parents of fallen SEAL will speak in Hollis - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Basketball: Campbell tops Fall Mountain for second D-III championship - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
City crime: Looking for a quick fix
NH hospital systems pursue affiliation
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?