Home » News » Public Safety
Derry teens remain hospitalized in Boston
Police say 17-year-old Kyle Ross of Derry remained in critical condition Wednesday at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he was flown after the accident around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Ross was driving the car that crashed into a tree at a high-rate of speed.
Passenger Johanna Morse is also listed in critical condition at Tufts Medical Center. The 16-year-old from Derry was also flown to Boston after firefighters used hydraulic equipment to cut through and pry apart the wreckage enough to remove the two teens.
Police said a 16-year-old boy from Chester who also was in the vehicle suffered injuries that were non-life threatening. Fire officials say he was the only one in the car wearing a seat belt.
Derry Fire Battalion Chief Jack Webb firefighters got the victims out of the car within 10 minutes despite the massive damage to the car’s front end.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal