Arctic cold and snow forecast for state
"It'll be a difficult time to be out," warned John Cannon, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine.
While the storm isn't expected to move up the New England coast, forecasters said it'll still pack quite a punch.
"It will be a dry, fluffy snow so it won't take a lot. The snow tends to pile up a little quicker than it normally would," Cannon said.
By tonight, Cannon said winds will be picking up and gusting as high as 35 mph on the Seacoast.
"Wind chill temperatures are going to be a big deal coming up over the next two days," he said.
Cannon said the New Hampshire coast could see minor flooding at the time of high tide tonight and minor to moderate flooding on Friday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerful storm lashes eastern U.S. with snow, arctic cold - 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
- After-school activities canceled in New Boston, Goffstown and Dunbarton - 0
- Pembroke extends parking ban - 0
- Latest storm will make it a short day for many students - 3
- Here we go again... Fast-moving storm headed to Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'