Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Teen charged with transporting alcohol, aggravated DWI
Says he was celebrating
A Derry man Thursday told a Circuit Court-Manchester District Division judge that he was out for the first time since sustaining a broken jaw when he was arrested early New Year’s Day.
Police said Officer Casey Finn was on patrol early Wednesday morning when he saw a man, later identified as Couto, pick up a cigarette ash container and throw it to the ground in front of Murphy’s Tap Room, 494 Elm St. Finn reported that when he stopped to investigate further, Couto became increasingly belligerent, yelling obscenities and pushing Finn in the shoulder. After a minor struggle, Finn reported, he was able to take Couto into custody.
When police arrested Rico Lanzillotti, 30, of 461 Beech St., Wednesday for punching his girlfriend in the head, they also arrested him on warrants for assaulting a man in the Central Street alley, at Union Street, Aug. 7. In August, his address was on Central Street.
Bail was set at $1,500 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with either alleged victim. Trial was set for Feb. 3.
Tracy Dowell’s girlfriend told police that he applied pressure to her throat that caused her to lose consciousness Wednesday night. As a result of the woman’s claims, Dowell, 45, of 231 Wilson St., was charged with second-degree assault.
The misdemeanor charges allege he poured a gallon of water on the woman while she was sleeping, grabbed her by the hair and pulled her to the floor, stomped on her chest with his left foot, and told her: “Look at me. I’m going to kill you.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth