Home » News » Public Safety
Community remembers Pinkerton junior killed in New Year's Eve crash
The wreckage of a car in which three teens were riding in Derry on New Year's Eve. Two of the teenagers suffered life-threatening injury when the car slammed a tree. (COURTESY/Derry Fire Deptartment)
"We extend our deepest condolences to the family of Kyle Ross and we offer our heartfelt prayers and thoughts for Johanna's recovery," Headmaster Mary Anderson said Thursday.
Ross died at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Capt. Vern Thomas said.
"Here's to a night of memories made and memories forgotten," was Ross' final post on his Twitter account New Year's Eve.
"Rest in peace Kyle, you will be missed," one post read. "It feels like just yesterday I was talking to Kyle in 8th grade..."
Ross was remembered by Athletic Director Timothy Powers as a hustling member of the freshman baseball team he played for in 2012.
"I remember him being a good kid," Powers said.
The team won the freshman championship that year, beating Londonderry.
The crash is under investigation by the Derry police crash team, Thomas said.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 43
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive