Home » News » Public Safety
Community remembers Pinkerton junior killed in New Year's Eve crash
The wreckage of a car in which three teens were riding in Derry on New Year's Eve. Two of the teenagers suffered life-threatening injury when the car slammed a tree. (COURTESY/Derry Fire Deptartment)
"We extend our deepest condolences to the family of Kyle Ross and we offer our heartfelt prayers and thoughts for Johanna's recovery," Headmaster Mary Anderson said Thursday.
Ross died at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Capt. Vern Thomas said.
"Here's to a night of memories made and memories forgotten," was Ross' final post on his Twitter account New Year's Eve.
"Rest in peace Kyle, you will be missed," one post read. "It feels like just yesterday I was talking to Kyle in 8th grade..."
Ross was remembered by Athletic Director Timothy Powers as a hustling member of the freshman baseball team he played for in 2012.
"I remember him being a good kid," Powers said.
The team won the freshman championship that year, beating Londonderry.
The crash is under investigation by the Derry police crash team, Thomas said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 9
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist