Home » News » Public Safety
Community remembers Pinkerton junior killed in New Year's Eve crash
The wreckage of a car in which three teens were riding in Derry on New Year's Eve. Two of the teenagers suffered life-threatening injury when the car slammed a tree. (COURTESY/Derry Fire Deptartment)
"We extend our deepest condolences to the family of Kyle Ross and we offer our heartfelt prayers and thoughts for Johanna's recovery," Headmaster Mary Anderson said Thursday.
Ross died at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Capt. Vern Thomas said.
"Here's to a night of memories made and memories forgotten," was Ross' final post on his Twitter account New Year's Eve.
"Rest in peace Kyle, you will be missed," one post read. "It feels like just yesterday I was talking to Kyle in 8th grade..."
Ross was remembered by Athletic Director Timothy Powers as a hustling member of the freshman baseball team he played for in 2012.
"I remember him being a good kid," Powers said.
The team won the freshman championship that year, beating Londonderry.
The crash is under investigation by the Derry police crash team, Thomas said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Derry to receive speed sign through donation - 0
- Judge rejects bid for new trial by ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- NH Senate Roundup: Marijuana penalties to remain the same in Granite State - 0
- Extreme skier enjoys second round of luck - 0
- Derry councilors vote to expand revitalization zone - 0
- Ceremony honors Manchester's past - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start