Home » News » Public Safety
Community remembers Pinkerton junior killed in New Year's Eve crash
"We extend our deepest condolences to the family of Kyle Ross and we offer our heartfelt prayers and thoughts for Johanna's recovery," Headmaster Mary Anderson said Thursday.
Ross died at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Capt. Vern Thomas said.
"Here's to a night of memories made and memories forgotten," was Ross' final post on his Twitter account New Year's Eve.
"Rest in peace Kyle, you will be missed," one post read. "It feels like just yesterday I was talking to Kyle in 8th grade..."
Ross was remembered by Athletic Director Timothy Powers as a hustling member of the freshman baseball team he played for in 2012.
"I remember him being a good kid," Powers said.
The team won the freshman championship that year, beating Londonderry.
The crash is under investigation by the Derry police crash team, Thomas said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 1
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 1
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police search for bank robber - 0
- Police investigating possible stabbing of man, 22, on Lake Avenue - 0
- As city health costs soar, ‘wellness’ post pushed in Manchester - 9
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents