New Hampshire armories are running out of room
“In addition to more personnel, and they don’t fit in the buildings, we now have massive trucks. And instead of the Jeeps we used to have when these armories were built, we now have Humvees,” he said.
In the past year, however, expansion work was completed at an armory in Milford, and plans are going forward for another in Portsmouth.
That, Mikolaities said, is the home of the National Guard’s 744th Force Support Company, a supply and maintenance unit.
“It’s a huge unit; personnel don’t fit in one armory,” said Mikolaities, adding that Guard brass does not give out specific troop numbers for security reasons.
Mikolaities said the goal is to break ground in Littleton by fall. But there’s a catch.
Through Jan. 19, residents can view plans and documents at the Littleton town offices and forward their comments and suggestions to National Guard officials at the State Military Reservation Building in Concord.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair rescues dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Police seek robber of Nashua convenience store - 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?