Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm cancels some MHT flights
The flight board online at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport -- FlyManchester.com -- showed 15 flight arrival cancellations and nine canceled departures by mid-afternoon. There were many additional delayed flights.
MHT recommends air travelers check in with their respective airline for flight status and any changes.
Roads and highways around greater Manchester remain slick, even as snow fall has let up some in Manchester, as of 2:30 p.m. Thursday. The city of Manchester has declared a snow emergency, starting Thursday night at 10 and going until 6 a.m. Friday. The snow emergency means no parking on city streets.
Gov. Maggie Hassan issued a statement as the storm socked New Hampshire.
"Forecasts indicate that travel conditions on New Hampshire’s roadways will continue to be the most pressing area of concern for the state during this winter storm," Hassan said. "I strongly encourage all New Hampshire residents to exercise the common sense that Granite Staters are known for, follow all traffic and safety alerts, and drive safely on the roads. Department of Transportation employees are working around the clock to keep our roads and highways as clear as possible, and Homeland Security and Emergency Management officials are in close contact with the National Weather Service as well as local communities to ensure that they have the support they need. We will continue to closely monitor the storm and provide updates as needed."
The speed limit on state highways and turnpikes was lowered to 45 mph in response to the snowfall.
* * * *
On the web:
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Natural gas bills almost double - 5
- Fuller Oil customers frustrated once more - 13
- Support for solar project in Monadnock Region sought - 0
- Iberdrola must file new application for Wild Meadows project - 1
- Heating pellets prove to be in short supply in NH - 13
- Wind farm firm puts application on hold to address safety issues at Groton site - 5
- Groton resident settles with wind farm company - 0
- Advertising campaign pushes for underground Northern Pass - 1
- Report: Gas pipeline not enough to avert New England energy crisis - 23
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth