Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Distressed Derry man stunned and charged after posting threats on Facebook
Shawn Decoste, 36, then charged at officers with a claw hammer and tried to grab the gun of one officer when police came to check on his welfare, police said in a press release .
Decoste, of 109 Franklin St, apt. 3D, was arraigned in 10th Circuit Court in Derry today on charges of first-degree assault, attempted first-degree assault, (attempted) taking of a police officer's firearm, all felonies; and a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest.
Police had gone to the apartment and announced their presence. When they entered the apartment, they called out to Decoste to come out from a bedroom of the apartment, police said.
Decoste emerged from the bedroom with a claw hammer and charged at them, swinging the hammer at the first officer's head. The officer was able to deflect the blow but was hit on the forearm with the hammer.
A struggle then ensued as officers tried to take Decoste into custody. During the struggle, Decoste attempted to pull an officer's handgun from his holster. The officers then used a taser to finally subdue Decoste and arrest him, according to police.
The name of the injured officer wasn't available and police didn't say what prompted Decoste to make the threats.
Decoste's bail was set at $250,000 cash. He remains in custody at the Rockingham County jail. He is scheduled for a probable cause hearing before Circuit Court on Monday, Jan. 13.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483